We love using Hog Island kumomoto or sweetwater oysters for this recipe.
- 1 dozen fresh oysters, shucked and cleaned
- 1 oz California Osetra
- Shaved ice or rock salt for display
- 1/2 cup fresh pressed apple juice
- 1/2 apple, peeled, cored & minced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Arrange oysters on a bed of shaved ice or rock salt. Top each oyster with a teaspoon of mignonette and a teaspoon of caviar.