- 1 California Caviar Company Paddlefish
- 1 California Caviar Company Saffron Infused Whitefish Roe
- 1 California Caviar Company Trout Roe
- 1/4 cup crème fraiche, plus 4 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives minced
- 4slices brioche bread 1/2″ thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
Place eggs in a pot covered with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit in hot water for 10 minutes. Transfer eggs to an ice bath to chill. Once cool, peel eggs and press through a sieve. Mix a 1/4 cup of the crème fraiche and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Trim crust from brioche slices and cut into four pieces to make 4 “sticks” per slice. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and saute brioche sticks until all sides are golden brown. Transfer to paper towells and set aside. Dividing evenly among four small parfait cups or aperitif glasses, layer ingredients starting with trout roe then the crème fraiche and lemon zest mixture, chives, saffron whitefish, egg, a teaspoon of plain crème fraiche then topping with paddlefish. Serve 4 brioche sticks per parfait.