Share this recipe:
- 3/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche + 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1oz golden farmed russian osetra
- fresh delicate herbs for garnish, such as chervil, fennel fronds or chives (optional)
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon cold water and let sit for 5 minutes. Bring 2 more tablespoons of water to a boil and whisk into the gelatin to dissolve it. In a blender, combine avocado, 1/3 cup creme friache, and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a ramekin or bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
Spoon out mousse onto serving spoons or in small bowls, top with a dollop of the remaining creme fraiche and caviar. Garnish with a few herbs if you’d like.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @californiacaviar on Instagram